Here is your guide on how to choose a hosting service that satisfies your needs.
Scrutinize the company before deciding anything!
In a hurry? You can also go directly to the hosting provider with the world's lowest account cancellation percentage by clicking here!
How to find a reliable UK web hosting company. (Read US page)
It's not easy to find the provider of your dreams but, before anything else, you better read the shocking truth first:
- Many services outsource technical support to low salary countries. This means that their customers are dealing with incompetent poorly trained foreign support representatives.
- Most web host awards are fake. Many companies simply create their own award logos.
- Unlimited traffic and disk space are impossible. Everything has its limits and this also applies to bandwidth and disk space. The term "unlimited" is now being used by most of the providers including reputable and reliable companies.
- Companies regularly sell more bandwidth or disk space than they actually have. This is called "overselling". Opening an account with a provider that practises overselling can result in downtime for your website, slow loading times, and many other problems.
- Some UK companies do not allow you to have full control over your domain name if you register the domain with them. Having full control over your own WHOIS-information and your DNS is essential. There are also hosting services preventing you from transferring your domain to another registrar as it is bought under a hosting scheme.
Our own provider will never do any of these things. Check them out.
In order to know how to find the best hosting provider, you also need to read these facts about comparison and review sites in Great Britain:
- Most, if not all, comparison sites earn commissions on sales. This makes their listings unreliable.
- Many online reviews are written by non-customers. Think about the hosting companies themselves or people working for them, think about affiliates and resellers.
Welcome to the only guide that really assists you to select the best UK hosting service!After a lot of experience with unreliable services we started an in depth research in 2005. This eventually resulted in a thorough evaluation of the company Linux Hosts Ltd, a member of the famous LiquidNet Ltd. Group in London. Finally we had found a company exceeding all our expectations. From the very moment that we opened an account with this company all our problems were over. Perfect technical support 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, fast servers, top security, top stability, and top flexibility, all at a very affordable price. No outsourcing, no fake awards, no overselling, no discounts, just a fixed low price, and full control over our domain names. Not a member of any comparison site and no fake reviews. Here you can check that Linux Hosts LiquidNet Ltd is indeed the hosting service of the page you are reading just now. On this site you can check that there are only a few domains hosted on our shared server. In other words: no overselling. Here you can read who we are.
Why this tribute?Now we can hear you ask "Why this tribute to your UK hosting service?" and "What's in it for you?" Well first of all we earn nothing from this site. It's just a way of saying "Thank you" to our fantastic host and we just like to help others how to find a reliable service. Secondly we are kind of angry. There are so many bad hosting firms out there that we actually have lost count. And nobody is protecting the consumers. After our own bad experiences that lasted until 2005, we decided to do something about this, hence this website was born.
Who is Linux Hosts Ltd.Linux Hosts Ltd. is a relatively small UK hosting company backed up by the much larger London-based parent company LiquidNet Ltd with data centres worldwide. The company's first priority is maintaining and constantly improving the quality of services for their existing customers. It considers this priority more important than recruiting as many new customers as possible, a strategy that often results in overselling. Studies have shown that, in general, smaller businesses offer better services and quality than larger companies.
Low cancellation and high referral rate.Our webhost proves its absolute top quality by showing the lowest account cancellation rate in the industry: 0.01%. This is a much lower account cancellation percentage than any other United Kingdom web host we know of. The company also informed us that, last year, their referral percentage was 14% while referrers don't even get any incentive. We have never encountered such a high percentage of customers referring family and friends to their own host. It's probably the highest percentage worldwide and it proves how satisfied Linux Hosts' customers are about their services. It can be confusing to choose which host will meet all your requirements. It therefore helps to know what distinguishes the most outstanding company from the rest.
Still not convinced?We understand that recommending a webhost, exclusively based on personal experience, is subjective. Our personal opinion and emotion is not the same as yours. That is the reason why we are doing more than that. We have been collecting genuine complaints from real customers since the inception of this website and never received a complaint about Linux Hosts Ltd. Last but not least we have also compared many companies by means of a new and unique system. We actually have counted all the votes that were cast by Internet users. This page explains how we did it. This comparison concludes that Linux Hosts Ltd. produces the least complaints among the top 100 web hosts.
Now you know how to choose the best one, why not go there right away?
Some features of this British hosting firm:
- 100 percent real Green hosting to make the world a better place.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Price: From 4.19 GBP Per Month.
- Activation Fee: 0.00 GBP.
- Domain Name: 4.31 GBP Per Year.
- Technical Support Quality: Superior knowledge and competence of technical support representatives.
- Support Response Time: Email support - 5 minutes, phone support - instant, live chat - 1 minute.
- Channels: The company has 7 support channels: 1) national and international phone support, 2) live chat, 3) email ticketing system, 4) FAQ, 5) video tutorials, 6) online contact form and 7) context help and how to areas.
- Our Site's Uptime is 100%. It is being hosted by the hosting provider Linux Hosts Ltd. on a shared server. This is the same uptime as Google's search engines! The Proof. The better your site's uptime the higher it will rank in Google!
- Our Site Response Time (Loading Time) is about 150 milliseconds (0.15 Seconds). This is the same response time as Google's search engines! The Proof. The faster your site loads the higher it will rank in Google! Plus it will benefit your site's conversion rate as well.
- Traffic: "Unlimited". (See our remarks in top of the page).
- Disk Space: "Unlimited".
- Domains: "Unlimited".
- Instant Account Activation.
- Daily Backups.
- You can choose from data centres in the UK, US, Australia and Sweden. If your host's data centre is located in the country you are targeting, your site will rank higher in Google!
- Also offered: bottom price VPS, Semi-dedicated and Dedicated packages.
- Specialising in WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Mambo, Moodle and more.
Dear visitor, we hope that you now know how to find the best hosting service out there. Please come back as we regularly update this page. You can click a yellow link to check it out. Thanks for your time!
More advice on how to choose an outstanding website hosting service.Some people think that choosing a web site host is a matter of minutes. They just open an account with a company that's already well known and large. However being well known and powerful doesn't proof anything. On the contrary, it are the "bigger boys" that are relatively producing the most complaints. Many of these complaints are related to technical issues, payment gateway problems, hacking of accounts and downtime. This brings us to the conclusion that there's nothing wrong with smaller service providers as long as they are backed up by a large company which secures the web host's data centre quality level and financial security. So, before selecting a web hosting service, it's better to do some research on how to sites.
Some useful tips.Think about stuff such as: Can the company be reached by phone? Is the phone number prominently displayed on top of their web page or is it more or less hidden? If difficult to find, better skip them. Can the company's exact address easily be found? If not, don't do business with them. Did they receive awards and are these awards real or fabricated? Is there an online live chat present? There should be and you should test it by asking something relevant to see how good and fast the service works (or how bad and slow). Check the load speed of their website and use an online tool to see if the site has any broken links. Give the company a call and ask some difficult questions. Send them an email and do the same. Is technical support by phone and email based on a 24 hours service? Are they closed on Sundays or Holidays? Professional hosting services are 24/07/365. If the business doesn't comply with this rule, skip them and look for another more reliable service. Try to find honest online reviews and testimonials that are written by real (ex) customers of the domain hosting service. As you can see there are many things you can do to check out if the web host of your choice is the right choice for you. If there is anything wrong, simply don't open an account with them and look further. This means that choosing the ideal company is more a matter of days than minutes. How to choose an Internet service that outperforms the competition is not an easy task. Good luck and don't hesitate to contact us with any question you may have!
Click here for the solution.
uk web hosting - Google News
UK Web Host Fasthosts Resolves DNS Issue - Web Host Industry Review
19 Jun 2015 at 5:37pm
Author: Dick Detering.
Dick Detering's profile on Google+.
Visit his Google+ Page