Follow below rules and your website will rank higher in Google.
1) One of the first SEO basics is that your web host should be located in the country you are targeting. Geographic settings in your Google Webmaster Tools account won't help you if your host is not located in your target country! Google needs multiple signals to determine the location of your site or blog. Webmaster Tools is only one of those signals. The most important signal for Google is the location of the web server that makes your creation visible on the Web. Two of the best UK and US web hosting companies Linux Hosts Ltd. and Linux Hosts Inc. have data centers in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Sweden. Clients can choose which data centre they prefer. Read more about this top web host on this UK page or on this US page.
2)Smart SEO requires, that, if you target a specific country, your domain name should have a country specific domain name extension. Examples are: .co.uk (UK) - .de (Germany) - .nl (Netherlands) and so on. For the US and for domains targeting the whole world .com - .org - .net etc. are ok.
There are only 3 signals for Google that determine in which country specific search engine your site can rank high. These three signals are, in order of importance:
The location of your web hosts' data center/web servers.
Your domain name extension.
Your country preference settings in Google Webmaster Tools.
In addition the language you use on your site or blog (e.g. British or American English) also plays a role.
OK, let's continue this short advice:
3) Write great original and unique content.
4) Keywords in your domain name. This was one of the most important Google SEO fundamentals. In the past you could see many sites in the top of Google with the search term you used to find them, in their domain name. This showed Google that the domain name was relevant for the search. However, now, it's more the opposite. Watch out for keywords in your domain name. Your site or blog might get even penalized.
5) You should have full DNS and Whois control over your domain.
6) The registration period of your domain name should be at least five years. This is part of SEO essentials because statistics show Google that many of the one year registrations are websites that spam the search engines. These websites usually disappear after 1 year.
Use free online search engine optimisation tools.
1) Duplicate content checker: Copyscape.com. Duplicate content is one of the hottest subjects for Google and the search giant penalizes numerous sites for this "violation". This is a very important SEO basics factor.
6) Checking your site's ranking in Google. Most tools are not very reliable. It's therefore better to check this yourself. If you're still ranking low, search for something in Google and, after that, change the setting from 10 to 100 results per search result page. This makes your check much faster.
Finding the right keywords.
Use the Google Keywords Tool. The right keywords are those words related to your website that have little or even no competition, but yet a substantial number of people search for them. An exact keyword phrase is the best method, because there's less competiton so you have a chance to rank high. For example the keyword "cars" has enormous competition (more than a Billion!) but the keyword phrase "used cars in London area" has much less competition (less than a Million). Use the exact phrase or synonyms or descriptive text that makes Google understand what you mean, in your website title, meta-description and body text and you have a chance to rank much higher in the search engines for that specific phrase.
Optimise your website or blog
1) On page search engine optimization means, among others, creating a correct keyword density on your pages (not too much - not too little - maximum 1 percent is ok). Your keywords should appear in the title, meta description and on the page itself. Regularly update your pages. Google loves fresh content. Avoid having any duplicate content on your site. Google penalizes this. On page optimisation is a relatively easy task.
2) Off page optimisation means creating link popularity. If your site has a high link popularity, it means that many sites link to yours. There are many ways to achieve this. Some are: placing comments in blogs and forums, submitting your site to directories, writing articles, press releases, social bookmarking, social networking (Twitter, Facebook, Google+), creating your own blogs, etc. It doesn't matter whether links to your site are "dofollow" or "nofollow" links. The only disadvantage of nofollow links is the fact that these links don't contribute to your Google Pagerank, but they do contribute to your link popularity and lift your ranking in the search results of Google. Please bear in mind that pages that link to you must have relevant content, or otherwise Google will not count them. Your site can even get penalized if link popularity is substantially based on content that is irrelevant. Off page optimisation is a difficult and permanent process that is often outsourced to SEO experts by companies that can afford it.
Google SEO Tip
Many people, including SEO rules experts, think that web pages rank independent of each other. This is no longer true. Google ranks pages based on the off and on page optimisation of all pages on the same website. So you'd better pay more attention to all your pages instead of, for example, only optimizing your homepage.
Anchor text diversity is now more important than ever. Links to your site should look 100% natural. If you have links to your site that are all using the same keywords or keyword phrases Google will penalise you. About 75% of the links should be simply your URL or your company name or "junk text" such as "click here". This is considered by Google as natural linking. The other 25% should be diversified keyword anchor text. It makes no difference if your URL is clickable or not. A non clickable URL, even without http:// is counted as a link. About 75% should be nofollow links.
Google EMD (Exact Match Domain) algorithm. This is a major update. From now on it's better NOT to have any of your keywords in your domain name or only part of them. And avoid dashes in your domain.
Google has become paranoid about too many keywords on a page and now considers 2% already as "almost spamming". "Cure" the Google Bot by creating a keyword density of maximum one percent. Compensate this low density by adding synonyms or descriptions that represent the same meaning as your keyword (phrases). The implementation of this system is one of the most important SEO basics.
Last but not least, being a trustworthy author in the eyes of the search giant has become a significant search engine optimisation factor. It's therefore crucial to read this article.
Company: Dick Detering.
Service: Search Engine Optimisation Rules.
Review URL: http://weloveourhost.com/seo.html
Description: There are many essential SEO rules that can lead to a top position in the Google search result pages. This page summarizes all these rules of search engine optimisation, making it easier to achieve a good ranking in Google. All these tips are free.