How To Switch To Another Web Hosting Company In Six Easy Steps.
Do you know the web host with the lowest customer cancellation rate?
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT!
How to change host.
Many people stay with their web hosting provider, even when they are unhappy, because they are unsure of the change host procedure and are afraid of down time. The truth is, when you do a switch, there doesn’t need to be ANY downtime at all. Below are 6 easy steps to make the switch to a new USA or UK web hosting company:
- Backup your site's files from your current host to your computer.
- Create an account with your new web hosting provider.
- Upload your files to your new web server and set up your email.
- If necessary go to the service where you registered your domain name (your Registrar) and point the name servers to your new service. The cheap web hosting company Linux Hosts Ltd. will do this for you at no charge if you ask them. Your site should be up and running in minutes.
- Test your site or blog at its new home. Set up extra features you may need and let it run for a few days.
- Last step: If everything runs smoothly, cancel your old account a few days later.
By doing things in this order, there will be no down time for your site. One moment the DNS will point to the old server and the next moment it will be pointing to the new web host.
Author: Dick Detering.
Dick Detering's profile on Google+.
Visit his Google+ Page